Monday 18 January 2010

Piano Mondays

"The Poetry of Silence"
by Vilhelm Hammershøi


Enjoy this week's Piano Monday picture. It's another Hammershøi, but week my using another one of his other works was serendipitous. On my quest to find beautiful piano pictures I came across this and wanted to use it this week -and I recognised it as one of Hammershøi's.


The piano doesn't feature prominently, but I find that the picture wouldn't be complete without it, no? It is part of the surroundings. Look how beautifully it has been painted - I just love the detail.


Agatha x

1 comment:

  1. So glad I came across your darling blog via A Cup of Jo. I just love all your posts---even your name is horribly cool! Can't wait to read more!
    XX Kate
    P.S. This painting really makes me wish I hadn't quit piano lessons...twice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on The house on Blog Hill! I'll do my best to share the love on your blog, too.

Agatha x

Related Posts with Thumbnails