Thursday 21 January 2010

A feature most elegant indeed


{photo via thingspiration}

Don't you just love this dressing table? It's so elegant, so romantic...

Focus, though, on the cake stand in the corner; a design feature that I have fallen in love with. It looks so natural on this (and perhaps every) dressing table - like it was meant to be part of the design.

My mother has a cake stand similar in design on her dressing table too that she inherited from my late grandmother (her mother-in-law) - and I've always loved it. It is a very sentimental and meaningful addition to the household indeed.

My mother houses jewellery on her cake stand, and every time I see it I am inspired. I think, perhaps, that using it for the latter purpose works better than it's intended use!

Earrings and rings with the odd brooch and ribbon on the top shelf, and your Chanel No. 5 on the bottom shelf, accompanied with various trinkets...

Beautiful.

Agatha x

2 comments:

  1. Agatha...this was just lovely..I have a collection of cake stands...love them..and this is a great idea...

    thanks for taking the time to visit Farmhouse...so good to see you..

    more later, dear one

    love,
    kary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree :) love the cake stand.
    also emailed you all the info for the book club!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on The house on Blog Hill! I'll do my best to share the love on your blog, too.

Agatha x

Related Posts with Thumbnails